top of page
  • Why should I hire an engineer?
    An engineer is a state-licensed professional that has taken an ethical obligation to place public safety over their own financial gain. As such, an engineer is a trustworthy source to aid you through any construction project or real-estate assessment. Additionally, your City may require an engineer’s involvement before issuing a permit for your project. Prior to beginning most construction projects, you will need to submit plans to the City or local building jurisdiction. These plans need to be created and stamped by a licensed engineer or in some cases a licensed architect. Even when projects don’t require stamped plans, an engineer can add value by expediting the permitting and approval process by furnishing professionally stamped plans, which translates into your project starting sooner and with less back-and-forth. An engineering firm such as ours has a wealth of experience interacting with building officials and navigating the myriad of code and zoning requirements. We can identify potential problems at a project’s onset and recommend work-arounds so that your project is not bogged down with costly change-orders midway through construction.
  • What is a Professional Engineer (PE) and what does that mean?
    A Professional Engineer (PE) is a licensed engineer who has been granted specific privileges in the state of licensure to include offering engineering services, stamping drawing sets, and using the title professional engineer. There are many types of PE’s for the various engineering fields. In construction, the most frequent PE you will encounter is a civil engineer; however, one may interact with mechanical and electrical engineers too. Depending on your project, it is important to understand which type of PE you are hiring and their relevant experience. Professional engineers are licensed by state and are restricted to practicing only in states they hold licensure (much like other professionals such as lawyers, nurses, etc.). Each state has different requirements an individual must meet before obtaining licensure. All states require prospective professional engineers to gain a certain amount of years of qualifying practical experience and then pass a standardized 8-hr technical examination. Certain states also require individuals to pass state-specific exams. In California, individuals must pass two additional 4-hr tests, one involving seismic (earthquake) design and the other covering surveying.
  • What services does JRS Engineering & Design provide?
    We are a licensed engineering company providing a multitude of residential and light commercial design services. If you can dream it, we can help design and build it. We take pride in our customer-first approach, placing a professional at your side throughout each step in your project from conceptual design through permitting and completion. Whether you're wanting to construct a backyard ADU, wondering if a foundation crack should be worrisome, or needing a load-bearing wall removed, please give us a call. We are happy to discuss all your engineering needs. For a specific list of services and more information check out our services tab on the home page here.
  • How do I pay for my service
    We will send an invoice after the service is completed through our bank called Novo. We accept card, zelle and check payments.

 Email us at
Call or TEXT US at
OR Contact us 

Did we fail to answer your question???

bottom of page